ubl-isc message

Subject: StarOffice/OpenOffice and UBL

Hi all,

for the implementors page I have put together this little 'mission
statements' which sumarizes what we have in mind arounf UBL. How we
will shape the integration will be heavily influenced by the
information that we gather through this SC and the feedback that we get
from the community.

---

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org and UBL

In addition to using the native XML format, OpenOffice/StarOffice users
will have two ways of interacting with other XML documents.
The first, which is available today is the possibility to import
arbitrary XML data through an XSLT based filter.
In future, it will also be possible to edit instances of XML directly
as the data-representation of an W3C XForms instance embedded in an
SO/OO-Document.

How this relates to UBL:

Currently UBL users can use the XSLT-Filter with a XSL document to open
a UBL document that they have received or created. They can view it,
save it to another format (e.g. PDF) or print it out to be archived in
paper-form.
In the future, users can load UBL instances into the data-layer of a
document with an embedded XForms. They can then modify the content of
the document and save the resulting UBL instance or submit it to a
network service for further processing.

---

Best Regards
~Lars