ubl-jplsc message

Subject: Comments to UBL SBS and UBP by JPLSC

Dear Stephen Green
Dear Monica J. Martin

We (UBL JPLSC) have held F2F meeting on May 24, 2006 in Tokyo.
We discussed about your inquiry about UBL SBS and UBP at this F2F meeting.
We decided to study UBL SBS and UBP by ourselves in JPLSC members.
We studied UBL SBS and UBP by ourselves in JPLSC members.
I send you our studied comments by the attached documents.
If you have any questions or comments, please let us know.
Best Regards,
Yukinori Saito

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephen Green" <stephengreenubl@gmail.com>
To: "Yukinori Saito" <saito-yukinori@fujielectric.co.jp>; "Monica J. Martin"
<Monica.Martin@sun.com>
Cc: "Noboru Itoh" <nitoh@attglobal.net>; <kueno@iea.att.ne.jp>;
<naitoh@is.oit.ac.jp>; "Dale Moberg" <dmoberg@cyclonecommerce.com>; "UBL
JPLSC" <ubl-jplsc@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 3:12 AM
Subject: Re: [ubl] Re: Report of JPLSC

Greetings Saito-San

If you would like any help to produce BPSS 2.0 (ebBP) definitions for
the ECOM's UBL subsets similar to those I produced for the SBS
or if you've questions about it I'd be more than happy to help.

The UBP stands for Universal Business Process and is a name we
gave to the BPSS definitions we designed applying the standard
UMM patterns to each of the UBL subsets we produced (such
as Notification for Invoice, Despatch Advice, etc and something
a little more complex for Order + OrderResponse, etc). We also
generated template CPAs for folk to use with minimal editing with
these ebBP definitions. The package is included as support
directories in the UBL 1.0 SBS package. The ebBP TC also has
links to the two directories (one for the process definitions and one
for the CPA templates and some examples) on the TC home page.
There was a formal collaboration to produce them between UBL
TC/SBSC and ebBP TC.

I think it would be great if the same thing could be provided for the
Japanese SME subsets and if this could lead to an ECOM use
of the BPSS 2.0 and statement to that effect it would be excellent.
Let me known if there's anything I can do to help. It might also
act as a good opportunity to compare the SBS with your subset
work.

All the best

Stephen Green
UBL SBSC Chair,
UBL / ebBP Liaison

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=ebxml-bp
> >(under Working ebBP Process Definition and Business Signal Examples).
> >

> mm2: Yukinori, it would be great if ECOM can apply its UBL related
> subset to a set of process definitions similar to UBP. I encourage you
> to review the Universal Business Processes at the location provided
> (that links back to UBL). We feel the capability to take these process
> definition, building blocks to compose to support key domains is very
> important to the adoption of UBL and ebBP. We look forward to hearing
> from you soon. I may also note that ebBP is moving to OASIS Standard. If
> ECOM is interested in greating sample UBL for your subset, those could
> be valuable as examples for other interested user communities or early
> adopters, and could serve as one of our supporters [1] as required for
> OASIS standardization. I truly believe we have the same goal in mind -
> to enable eBusiness for SME, across the world.  Thanks, Yukinori for the
> information and your interest.
>
> [1] Creating your own process definitions using the UBP concept, ebBP
> v2.0.3 and UBL (and your subset) are actually sufficient for an
> implementation reference. We do have a draft open source tool at:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/freebxmlbp
>
> >>We are interest in subset of UBL.
> >>As I said in "Related activities concerning UBL in Japan" in my
presentation
> >>PPT file, ECOM did mapping study from 'Business document model for  the
> >>manufacturing domain (ECALGA based)' to UBL in 2004.
> >>In this mapping studying process, ECOM developed a UBL subset for
> >>e-business between SMEs and big enterprises in Japan.
> >>This ECOM's activity is similar to UBL SBS approach.
> >>However, we did not check or evaluate UBL SBS 1.0, yet.
> >>
> >>Best Regards,
> >>Yukinori Saito

Comments to UBL SBS by UBL JPLSC.doc

Comments to UBP by UBL JPLSC.doc

Mapping Table from Manufacturing SME BD to UBL and SBS Order.xls