ubl-jplsc message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Japanese translation of UBL 2.0 by JPLSC

From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com>
To: "Yukinori Saito" <saito-yukinori@fujielectric.co.jp>
Cc: "UBL JPLSC" <ubl-jplsc@lists.oasis-open.org>; "ジャストシステム)田代様"
<tetsuya_tashiro@justsystem.co.jp>; "石油化学工業協会)上野様"
<kueno@iea.att.ne.jp>; "大阪工業大学)内藤様" <naitoh@is.oit.ac.jp>; "大塚商
会)伊藤様" <N.Itoh@otsuka-shokai.co.jp>
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2007 7:05 PM

At 2007-09-26 14:42 +0900, Yukinori Saito wrote:
>Dear Ken Holman,
>
>I have checked your "Crane's UBL 2.0 model summary reports in Japanese" in
>your Crane's home page.
>The followings are my comments.

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

>- There are many HTML reports regarding UBL 2.0 JP files.

I was unaware of this ... thank you for telling me.

>- I suppose that you have made these HTML files automatically using UBL 2.0
>JP files.
>- I suppose that these HTML files "Crane's UBL 2.0 model summary reports in
>Japanese" are for the people who use Japanese language like Japanese
people.
>- What do you think values of these HTML files? What do you think how to
use
>these HTML files for Japanese people?

Not knowing that you already had many HTML reports, my intention had
been to assist the Japanese community in the review of the UBL model
spreadsheets which are in English:

   http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.0/mod

I did not realize you already had the content of the UBL model
spreadsheets reproduced in hyperlinked HTML files.  Personally, I do
not use the UBL model spreadsheets because they are not hyperlinked,
and I find jumping between the spreadsheets to be awkward.

By mixing the content of the UBL model spreadsheets with the Japanese
IDD information, I had hoped the Japanese community would have an
easier time understanding the model spreadsheet contents.

>- I think that in case for Japanese people to refer or study UBL 2.0,
>Japanese IDD files (UBL 2.0 JP files) would be sufficient.

I apologize for my presumption.  At some point I will consider
removing these files from Crane's web site.

Thank you for your patience with me.

--
Upcoming public training: UBL and code lists Oct 1/5; Madrid Spain
Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/m/