Subject: Re: [ubl-lcsc] ISSUE: Nesting and Containership within Schema

Thanks for the info; I'm not very familiar with ASN.1.  It will be great
if we can create additional schema representations for the UBL Library
that take advantage of expressiveness not available in XSD (they all
have slightly-to-very different powers).  However, since XSD is our
normative schema format of record, we would need to indicate the
constraint in another fashion in that case.

	Eve

John Larmouth wrote:
> You can specify that trivially if you use ASN.1 as the schema definition
> notation:
>
> 	Root ::= SEQUENCE {
> 	   el1	.....
> 	   el2	SEQUENCE {
> 		  f1	..... OPTIONAL,
> 		  f2	..... OPTIONAL,
> 		  f3	..... OPTIONAL} (EXCEPT {}) OPTIONAL,
>
> John L

Sun Microsystems                            cell +1 781 883 5917
XML Web Services / Industry Initiatives      eve.maler @ sun.com