Subject: [ubl-lcsc] Stylesheets delivered to Lisa; interesting image attached

Hi folks,

I've just delivered the latest stylesheet library to Lisa for inclusion on
the UBL web site.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find an appropriate home in the package for the
attached image, but I thought the image would be of mild interest to the group.

In Lisa's package is a JAR version of Crane's UBL stylesheet library's XSLT
stylesheets.  The JAR was created by "Gregor", the XSLT compiler that reads
W3C compliant XSLT stylesheets and bundles in a processor and supplemental
requirements (invocation, etc.).  The founder of Ambrosoft
http://www.ambrosoft.com Jacek Ambroziak, was very generous to donate his
time and technology to this project to create the standalone Java
implementation of Crane's stylesheets.

The biggest design goal of Gregor is to run small and fast everywhere from
servers to small platforms such as handheld devices, though this UBL
project illustrates the use of Gregor to create standalone XSLT stylesheet
environments: a single indivisible JAR with 23 embedded stylesheets invoked
by the stylesheet name.

This means that a user can perform the transformations using their local
Java environment and the JAR without having to obtain an outboard XSLT
processor.

Mixing these benefits provided by Gregor, you also get all these
stylesheets on a handheld, and the attached image shows the Zaurus
Linux-based handheld displaying our sample UBL Order instance through our
220 Order stylesheet producing HTML:  the UBL processing is happening *on*
the handheld, not just viewing the results processed elsewhere.

This JAR will be part of the 0p70 directory when Lisa unpacks my latest
delivery, and we'll have another one with the release-time stylesheets on
Wednesday.

I hope you find this image interesting.

................... Ken

Upcoming hands-on in-depth   Europe:         February 17-21, 2003
XSLT/XPath and/or XSL-FO     North America:      June 16-20, 2003

G. Ken Holman                mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com
Crane Softwrights Ltd.         http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/
Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0   +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995)
ISBN 0-13-065196-6                      Definitive XSLT and XPath
ISBN 0-13-140374-5                              Definitive XSL-FO
ISBN 1-894049-08-X  Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
ISBN 1-894049-10-1              Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
Male Breast Cancer Awareness http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc