Subject: [ubl-lcsc] Questions re: mappings

Thank you, Tim, for the mappings that you gave in:

   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-lcsc/200301/msg00200.html

Some observations and questions:

(1) Order

(1.1) - each of Transport Charges, Terms of Payment, Currency of Payment,
and Buyer's Bank allow more than one entry but there is only a single line
in the form.  I can space delimit the items so they appear on the one line,
but overflow will be clipped.  If I signal an error on the overflow,
formatting shuts down.  If I clip, the user won't know.  There are no
guidelines regarding continuation pages for this item, and even if so I
would be unable to overflow more than a single concept, which for now is
the list of line items.

(1.2) - in the absence of continuation forms, I've been using both a page
number top right and an enumeration in the line items; I'd like to continue
using the enumeration for now, so I suggest that we have:

     B1234567
      1 of 10

or:

      1 of 10
     B1234567

... since I've allocated two lines per line item.  Can you suggest an
alternative?

(1.3) - for Terms of Payment the XPath address you gave
as  po:Order/cat:AllowanceCharge/cat:TypeCodeID is not found in the set of
available XPath addresses

(1.4) - the sample test instance you made from Sally's data has only five
visible entries; the teleconference group asked me to summarize some of the
technical issues and I have done so in:

   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-lcsc/200301/msg00215.html

(2) DespatchAdvice

(2.1) - each of Mode of transport and Means of transport allow more than
one entry but there is only a single line in the form; please see the
discussion above in 1.1

(2.2) Container Nr: allows more than one, I can put each on individual
lines, though more would fit if I wrapped space delimited values; which way
to go and what about overflow?

(3) Invoice

(3.1) - Invoice clauses: did you want these each to start on a new line and
to be enumerated as in (1), (2), ... or (a), (b), ...?

(3.2) - in Sally's Order instance that you massaged, is the Terms of
Delivery information supposed to be split into a reference rendered in
"Terms of Delivery" and prose rendered in "Invoice Clauses"?  If so, how
would the arbitrary numbering accommodate the unnumbered clauses identified
in the spec for invoices?

Faxed mockups of sample field displays may be more easily created than
trying to mock up layouts in software (my fax number is in my trailer).

Thanks again, Tim!  I make quick progress when these formatting
specification documents are filled out.  With the above you now know the
additional kinds of information I'm looking for regarding layout.

...................... Ken

--
Upcoming hands-on in-depth   Europe:         February 17-21, 2003
XSLT/XPath and/or XSL-FO     North America:      June 16-20, 2003

G. Ken Holman                mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com
Crane Softwrights Ltd.         http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/
Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0   +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995)
ISBN 0-13-065196-6                      Definitive XSLT and XPath
ISBN 0-13-140374-5                              Definitive XSL-FO
ISBN 1-894049-08-X  Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
ISBN 1-894049-10-1              Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
Male Breast Cancer Awareness http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc