Subject: [Fwd: Re: XML is Not Object Oriented]

FYI.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: XML is Not Object Oriented
Date: 	Mon, 14 Jul 2003 12:50:05 -0700
From: 	Brian Hopkins <brian.hopkins@ANTIN.COM>
To: 	CIOC-WEB-SERVICES@listserv.gsa.gov

The Depart of the Navy XML Working Group has been working on XML Schema
design rules, following UBL's lead, but taking a more OO approach to
accomplish the exact goals you mention below. We have (finnally) reach a
position on global vs. local XML Schema element declarations, object class
inheritance, and extension/restrictions. Furthermore we have just completed
a second draft of XML Web Services implementation guidance and XML guidance
for managers (this will all be part of the Department's XML Developerment
Guide 2.0 release later this year. I would like to see the DON work
represented in your discussions as we have been scratching our chins and
trying out various XML Schema design patterns, Web Services implementation
methodologies and best practices for a few years now and have learned some
valuable lessons.

Thanks.

Brian Hopkin