Subject: Re: [ubl-lcsc] Preliminary Notes on Code List Schema Implementation

Thanks Anne.

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, Anne Hendry wrote:

>>b) I was under the assumption that this catalogue was not an end
>>deliverable,
>>  (not part of the package that we deliver as 1.0), but if it is to be
>>in the
>>  package should we not deliver both an .sxc and an .xls?

Sure, it probably started off as a draft table to record
code list metadata values.  But as I go through the linkages,
it's beginning to be clear to me that these medata values
are quite integral to how UBL synthesizes codelist schemas
and linking them back into the Reusable and Document model
spreadsheets, since it would be exactly through this Code
List Catalogue that we will be able to do it.

>>>(I). Due to *final* namespace value being the long form that may
>>>be very cumbersome to serve as filenames, the mechanism used to
>>>systematically derive the schema location file for each local
>>>storage will be standardized as the proposed formula:
>>>
>>>"UBL-" + prefix + "-" + UBLVersion [+ "-draft-" + draftNumber] + ".xsd"

After some more work and consideration, the formula has been
amended to look like the following:

	"UBL-CodeList-" + prefix + "-" + UBLVersion
	[+ "-draft-" + draftNumber] + ".xsd"

where the square brackets denote work-in-progress draft versions that
would be absent in final release.

So for instance, the  Shipment Priority Level Code with a prefix
defined as "spl" will have a mechanically derived filename of

	UBL-CodeList-spl-1.0-alpha-draft-1.xsd

and its <xsd:import> will look like the following:

<xsd:import
namespace="urn:oasis:names:tc:ubl:codelist:ShipmentPriorityLevelCode:1.0:1.0-alpha"
schemaLocation="UBL-CodeList-spl-1.0-alpha-draft-1.xsd" />

Best Regards,
Chin Chee-Kai
SoftML
Tel: +65-6820-2979