Subject: Re: [ubl-lcsc] [code] updated Catalogue and some draft schemas

Chee-Kai

Hi

The last meeting included a discussion about our
previous meeting's decisions

1) to add the names and descriptions to the codes in
codelists

2) to include the descriptions in the catalogue
spreadsheet

3) to somehow include the description from 2) in the
codelist schemas.

Tim and Jon particularly discussed this and decided
that we need to realign with our Montreal conclusion
about the scope of the codelist team and LCSC
codelist work, so

1) the latter would just need to concentrate on
producing enumerated lists of codes themselves

2) the schemas should just include these codes
themselves at present (a Codelist SC will be proposed
by Jon at the San Francisco TC plenary to deal with the wider issues)

3) the information gathered and produced on the
descriptions of codes should be preserved for later
in the spreadsheet

The result is that for now the tool shouldn't include
any treatment of the descriptions of the codes, just
of the codes themselves (the enumerated lists). This is to avoid committing UBL to a particular solution
to the issues we've been raising beyond what was
decided already in Montreal.

I hope this doesn't require inconvenient adjustments
yet again for you Chee-Kai at this stage. It does
allow us though to concentrate our efforts for now to
the smaller agreed area of codelist implementation,
leaving the wider issues to a further phase after the
beta release.

Another output from the last LCSC call will be a
draft 13 model with a few minor but important changes
(three changes resulting from the codelst work). I'll update and send you the model this weekend sometime for your conversion to schemas. The firm
intention is that this draft will be the one proposed
as the beta on Tuesday next week.

There should be some fine tuning of the codes in use
by UBL at the San Francisco meeting.

The three changes to the model are

1) to replace the OrderCancellation.CancellationReasonCode (was
mandatory) with a non-code (Text) BBIE since we could
not find a codelist and yet it is a mandatory BIE

2) for similar reasons as in 1), to remove the OrderResponseSimple.RejectionReasonCode leaving just
the RejectionReasonNote

3) to rename the three Contact BBIEs concerned with
contact channels to match the names or codes given
for these in the UNCL channel codelist (for
consistency and to leave less room for confusion)

I hope this all makes sense.

All the best

Steve