Subject: Re: [ubl-lcsc] Modeling Core Component Types

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 19:14:47 -0500, CRAWFORD, Mark <MCRAWFORD@lmi.org>
wrote:

> Exactly what the UN/CEFACT Modelling Methodology (UMM) is all about.  A
> defined methodology for using UMM to define business processes.

OK, good, but do the UML tools give you any support for imposing the
methodology?  I suspect not.  I suspect you could implement an equivalent
modelling strategy using data models written in XML rather than UML, and
then use XML schemas of various flavours to help impose the methodology.
So what I am getting at is not "is there a methodology", but "how do you
help contributors avoid accidentally doing things that are outside of the
methodology".  There fewer ways there are for people to do things wrongly,
the more they can spend their energies on the real business of putting
together the required models.

	Cheers,
		Tony.

--
Anthony B. Coates
London Market Systems Limited
33 Throgmorton Street, London, EC2N 2BR
http://www.londonmarketsystems.com/
mailto:abcoates@londonmarketsystems.com
Mobile/Cell: +44 (79) 0543 9026
[MDDL Editor (Market Data Definition Language), http://www.mddl.org/]
[FpML Arch WG Member (Financial Products Markup Language),
http://www.fpml.org/]
This Email may contain confidential information and/or copyright material
and is intended for the use of the addressee only.
Any unauthorised use may be unlawful. If you receive this Email by mistake
please advise the sender immediately by using the reply  facility in your
e-mail software.
Email is not a secure method of communication and London Market Systems
Limited cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of
this message or any attachment(s). Please examine this email for virus
infection, for which London Market Systems Limited accepts no
responsibility. If verification of this email is sought then please
London Market Systems Limited.