ubl-msc message

Subject: [ubl-msc] Draft UBL brochure for XML 2002

Members of the UBL Marketing SC,

We decided back at our meeting in June that I would develop a
brochure to be handed out at the XML 2002 conference in Baltimore.
Ever since then, I've been dutifully reporting my inability to get
to this.  With the conference two weeks away, I was finally able
to tear a hole out of my weekend to generate a first draft; see
below.

We had an offer from Mavis to get this printed up in time for the
conference, but I'm not sure that we can still take advantage of
this offer on such short notice.  If not, I'll take care of it
when I arrive in Baltimore.  But I will be leaving for Europe
shortly and need to have this in the can before then if possible.
In other words, I'm hoping that you will find this draft
pretty much OK and will tell me so as soon as you can take a look
at it.  Note that it's intended to be printed out two-sided and
folded in thirds; unless you do this, you won't get a very good
idea of what the finished product will look like.

I'm sending this in openoffice format (free from openoffice.org)
because for some unfathomable reason the pdf version prints out
incorrectly.

Jon