Subject: Re: [ubl-ndrsc] [Fwd: Fwd: ISO 3166-1 -- Change ofAlpha-3CodeElement for Romania]

May I repeat a suggestion that I made earlier, which no one seemed to pick up on?
I'll state it a bit differently so that everyone can get the point.

Codes are application data.  We're not telling the library SC folks what kinds of
data to use to support the business documents and processes they're designing.
Why should we make a special case of code lists and tell them to use numeric
instead of alphanumeric codes (or just string)?   Let them specify when they want
to use coded data, and the contents or source of the code list.  All we really
need to do in this SC is figure out the syntax representations.

I think we're trying to decide issues that are beyond our purview.

-
Michael C. Rawlins, Rawlins EC Consulting
www.rawlinsecconsulting.com