Subject: [ubl-ndrsc] Minutes from today 13 November

1. Roll call
  • Bill Burcham        Yes
  • Mavis Cournane    Yes
  • Mark Crawford     Yes
  • Fabrice Desré     No
  • Arofan Gregory     No
  • Jessica Glace     No
  • Michael Grimley     Yes
  • Eduardo Gutentag     Yes
  • Eve Maler      Yes
  • Sue Probert     Yes
  • Lisa Seaburg     Yes
  • Gunther Stuhec     Yes (signed on X:46)
  • Paul Thorpe     Yes
  • Kris Ketels     No
  • Jon Bosak (observer)    Yes

2.   Acceptance of minutes of previous meeting

        Minutes from 30 October
        Minutes from 6 November

3. Review action items and status

Change of Chairmanship (Jon):
    Eve has been doing a great job of chairing, but Sun needs eve to be doing other things.  She is being called upon elsewhere so she can not continue to chair the subcommittee.  She will stay as a member.

I have asked Lisa and Mavis to co-chair this group.

Is there anyone else wanted to do this job?

Formally the arrangement has to be voted upon next week by the whole UBL membership.

The tricky bit is the formal acceptance of co-chairs as a concept.  So this would have to be figured out.  Putting the language in place is up to the SC, since this is on that level.

ACTION:  Mark as Vice Chair of NDR is responsible for chairing next week.  We can make use of Eve's time while she is there.

Mark, Mavis and Lisa need to discuss for next week, maybe, work out a three way co-chair.

ACTION:  Mark will put together something for the opening plenary session next week.

Discuss agenda for Face to Face next week.  (Mavis, Bill, Paul, Eduardo, regrets, Eve partial regrets)

Priority

Work Item

Status

Responsibility

Issues appearing in the
NDR document

Break down into smaller pieces

Mavis

Local vs. global –

Complete.  Need to incorporate into NDR.

Mavis to include

Code lists

Needs new draft

Eve

CCT module work

In progress.  Needs to be broken
down into smaller pieces.  Section 3 work in the NDR document is dependent on this.

Open - Gunther

Derivation discuss, at F2F

Containership

Joint effort with LC needs final
resolution.  Still open

Arofan was volunteered by Lisa

Referencing strategies.

Part of CCT Module Work.
Update in progress.  Anticipate position paper on 5 November.

Gunther

Written 2 papers, 1 today and other will be coming.

NDR document Rules

Ongoing

Mavis, Lisa, Gunther

Facet outreach

Still working.  Gunter has received material from Lisa.

Gunther

MODNAMVER

Complete almost.

Version work is not done yet, and will be discussed next week.

Bill

Embedded
documentation

Needs to be moved to NDR
document.

Arofan

Will be discussed next week.

ASN.1 schema

Done – However there is an
issue within the group on
how/should to present this

Larmouth

Updating guiding
principles

In Progress

Separate out different design principles.

Mavis/Lisa

Wildcards

Open

Lisa

Nillability

Started. Recommendation done.

Add to NDR document.

Lisa

Instance Constraints

Open

Lisa

Other Discussions:
  • Derivation of complex Types with Attributes (Gunther)  Will discuss at face to face.
    • This paper is also within the XML 2002 paper that Eve did.
    • This has to do with declaring elements to complex types, and attach semantic properties.  There are a few gotcha's, you have to have globally distinct things.  Every element is bound to a type, the use of the elements within different contexts that make it work??  Notes here are sketchy.

4.  Work through other NDR document "flesh out" issues

     Mavis and Lisa:
  •  Ancillary documents that will be attached to the NDR document.  One of these is the ASN.1 (Paul), we have not made a decision yet on this.
    • ACTION:  (Mavis) Get the list of documents from Eve, then lets add this discussion to the agenda for next week.
    • Mark: We need to look at the rules to see that they belong in the NDR document or not.  So, we as a team needs to discuss this from a high level basis.

5.  Other Sub-Committees:
  • LCSC -
  • Tools and Techniques -
  • Context Methodology - May try to meet if there are enough members.

6.  Next meeting topics
  • November 18-22 F2F Agenda
Adjourn

Lisa Seaburg
AEON Consulting
Website: http://shell.gmi.net/~xmlgeek/
Email:  xmlgeek@gmi.net
Alternative Email: xcblgeek@yahoo.com
Phone: 662-562-7676
Cellphone: 662-501-7676

"Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk."