Subject: Schema Extension capabilities review

Not exactly a set of sample files, but here is a document that collects
together all the extension like capabilities in the schema spec. I have
given my review of these features and what is good and bad about them. I
have also written up the adapter schema method and include a couple of
samples of that. Look at the redefine section as well.

Most of the samples are out of the primer a few are based upon my ACORD
spec. My next step will be to pull together a working sample that we can
play with. I'll do a redefine and maybe one based upon type derivation
substitution.

This document should help use discuss and remember the details of each of
the methods - it was rather painful to figure out how many ways there were
and then get the sample together in one location (unlike the primer). I now
know why this topic has been so confusing - too many options and ways to do
this and then they also share some of the same mechanisms (xsi:type for
instance).

Let me know what you think.

I intend to make this a document for my organization (hence a lot of their
details are in here as well). Please use the information, incorporate what
you want from it in the Extensions document, but it shouldn't be published
as is as a UBL document.

..dan

..dan

SchemaExtesnionsReview.pdf