Subject: RE: [ubl-ndrsc] RosettaNet Comments Update

Hi Lisa,

To follow up with the earlier document that described the differences
between RosettaNet and UBL XML guidelines, please see attached RosettaNet
XML Design Guidelines.

We hope to see convergence between corresponding UBL guidelines, and this
RosettaNet guideline.

Regards,
-Suresh
-------------------------www.rosettanet.org -------------------------------
Suresh Damodaran, Ph.D.                       469-524-2676(O)
Chief Technologist,                           469-323-0234(Cell)
RosettaNet                            	    Lingua franca for eBusiness
(on loan from Sterling Commerce, a SBC Company)
----------------------www.sterlingcommerce.com----------------------

-----Original Message-----
From: Lisa-Aeon [mailto:lseaburg@aeon-llc.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 10:10 PM
To: Ubl-Lcsc; UBL-NDR
Subject: [ubl-ndrsc] RosettaNet Comments Update

Just to go back and look at what was done over the RosettaNet Comments
document:

The RosettaNet folks gave us their comments in late September, just as we
were gearing up for the 1.0 beta release, and when the NDR document was not
yet to the point of being able to put the text around the rules.  So, much
work has going on.

We read through their comments and we should have answered back to them,
even if it was only to say - sorry but you are so late, where were these
comments months ago when we needed them.

At that time, I spent time sending out emails to the NDR SC looking for
comments and putting the comments on the agenda of meetings.  Timing for
this kind of work was definitely off, and the priorities had to be the NDR
document and getting the rules together.  Then we went into the Oct Face to
Face, and everyone knows the amount of work there was to be done there.

Here are some of the email threads sent out to the NDRSC:
http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-ndrsc/200309/msg00049.html

Tony Coates had some comments to the RosettaNet document:
http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-ndrsc/200309/msg00048.html

Mike Grimley brought up the fact it seemed they were working with an older
copy of the rules list.
http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-ndrsc/200309/msg00054.html

I will discuss this further with my co-chairs about what we should do at
this point in time.  Stay tuned.

Lisa

Lisa Seaburg
AEON Consulting
Website: http://www.aeon-llc.com
Email:  lseaburg@aeon-llc.com
Alternative Email: xcblgeek@yahoo.com
Phone: 662-562-7676
Cellphone: 662-501-7676

"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun."
                       -Katharine Hepburn