Subject: [Fwd: [FIRTG Meeting - 4 Aug 2009] Italian requirements]

Hello,
these are the latest Italian issues for the UBL-Invoice-2.0 as sent to
FIRTG but not yet included in the FIRTG's issue list.

Due to the short time available I think these invoicing issues can be
forwarded directly to PSC.

Additionally, as agreed yesterday during the UBL TC meeting, I'll send the
latest FIRTG issues later.

Thank you for your help

Roberto

Subject: [FIRTG Meeting - 4 Aug 2009] Italian requirements
From:    "Roberto Cisternino" <roberto@javest.com>
Date:    Wed, August 5, 2009 12:58 pm
To:      georg@eykur.is
Cc:      tim.mcgrath@documentengineeringservices.com

Hello Georg,
as agreed I list the issues we have in Italy on the core invoice.

I was able to map more than the 98% of the Italian P.A. requirements with
UBL 2.0

The Italian P.A. has a set of specific information which is not part of a
core Invoice, and however this data can be precisely mapped using UBL
references and other BIEs.

The problems I found are related to the Italian core invoice only, which
is the most common invoice case in the country, and not to P.A specific
data.

At this stage I was able to accomodate the missing data using some tricks
and/or UBL Extensions, but I am not satisfied very much of this work.

These are the issues:

1) In Italy we can issue an Invoice that represents at the same time a
transport document "accompanying invoice".
This is a common case where the Invoice is attached to the parcel.

In other cases we have a separated transport document called "DDT" which
is like a national waybill. (We can use infact UBL Waybill int this case)

The Transport Document (DDT) has a minimum data set including some basic
information about the goods:
- No. parcels
- Gros Weight (Kg. usually)
- Volume (m3 usually)

Into the UBL Invoice we have just the cac:Delivery/cbc:Quantity that could
be used for the number of parcels.
The missing information is available into the Freight Invoice which is
effectively a cross-border document.
As we are using the basic UBL Invoice for cross-border advanced
procurement, it seems we should at lease include the Gros Weight and the
Volume of the goods inside the cac:Delivery ABIE.

I was constrained to propose the Italian P.A. to use the Freight Invoice
as there is an additional aggregate called Shipment which is supporting
all of this.

I understood that the P.A. (maybe others in EU too) is worried about
mandating the use of many documents for Invoicing.

So the preferred solution could be to support a "core" basic Invoicing and
European P.A. procurement with the UBL 2.x Invoice, and to use the UBL
Freight Invoice for the international shipments.

The national use of the Invoice should be supporting the basic Delivery of
goods which is often required to specify the above three information.

The UN380 (Commercial Invoice) is including the Gros Weight and the Cube
(m3) as well the parcels.

2) Under the legal info we have the "Corporate Equities" which is better
identifying the Corporate and in Italy is connected to some laws.

Into UBL 2.0 Invoice I put this info on the PartyLegalEntity and I qualify
such info using a CorporateRegistrationScheme called "EquityCapital" or
"CorporationStock".
Anyway the value of the Corporate Equities cannot be expressed using an
Amount as I have just an ID inside the PartyLegalEntity.
But the PartyLegalEntity do not seems to be the right place for this.

There should be a separate ABIE for this, something like "PartyLegalInfo"
(0..n) but the VCD seems already addressing this in some way.
For Italy we are mandated by specific laws to indicate such legal
information into the invoice under certain situations.
Can UBL 2.1 unclude the VCD for Party's legal information ?

3) Always in the legal info we have the company "legal status" which is
mandatory if a company is not in a good standing (e.g. become insolvent).
This is basically a CodeType.
I use to map this info under cac:PartyLegalEntity/cbc:ID by specifying a
specific CorporateRegistrationScheme called "LegalStatus".
But the PartyLegalEntity do not seems to be the right place for this.

As per the point (2) there should be a separate ABIE for this, something
like "PartyLegalInfo" (0..n) but the VCD seems already addressing this in
some way.
For Italy we are mandated by specific laws to indicate such legal
information into the invoice under certain situations.
Can UBL 2.1 unclude the VCD for Party's legal information ?

4) The PartyLegalEntity aggregate has the possibility to express an ID
according a CorporateRegistrationScheme, for instance: import/export
license, Business register ID, etc...
Many registration schemes are providing more info than the single
Registration ID (e.g. Export License)
Specifically we miss a "RegistrationDate" and an "ExpireDate", as many
legal IDs released by local authorities are limited in time.
This seems to me a good improvement for the PartyLegalEntity ABIE.

---
About BII I mapped the 80% of the Core Invoce, and I found an issue with
the AccountingCost that UBL ERRATA 1 has dedicated to the Cost Centre.
The Chart of account codes are to be expressed using the
AccountingCostCode instead.

Cheers,

Roberto