ubl-security message

Subject: OASIS templates for Security SC

Hello Security SC,

It occurred to me that you might find it useful to have this
information that I sent to Julián recently.  Perhaps you can
discuss this when he returns from France.

Best regards,

Jon

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [ubl-security] Security SC schedule
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 10:10:30 -0400
From: Jon Bosak <bosak@pinax.com>
To: Julián Inza <julian.inza@albalia.com>
CC: Tim McGrath <tim.mcgrath@documentengineeringservices.com>

Julián Inza wrote:
> Please, could you forward to me a blank template to include the
> document in the OASIS official format?

The OASIS templates are located at

http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/

The guidelines for "specification quality" are in section 2.18 of
the OASIS TC process:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#specQuality

I will take care of most of the details described in 2.18.  I
think we need two things from the Security SC:

1. A document written in DocBook (XML), Word, or OpenOffice
    formats (your choice) that contains a brief English-language
    explanation of XAdES, a description of the schema fragment, a
    list of contributors, and a conformance section.  I'm not sure
    what the conformance section should say in this case; I think
    it would be a statement regarding XAdES conformance, but
    presumably the SC knows enough about XAdES to say what that
    would mean.  It might just say that an XAdES-conformant UBL
    document is one that validates against a standard UBL schema
    with the appropriate schema fragment included.

2. The schema fragment itself as an ASCII file.  I am assuming
    that this will be a piece of schema that we will add to all of
    the UBL 2.1 document schemas.

We can discuss the rest of the process once I have these pieces in
hand.  I trust that Tim will add his own thoughts to the
description that I have just given to you.

Jon