ubl-security message

Subject: Re: [ubl-security] UBL-XAdES-Profile 1.0-20100501 - Draft 05

Ok,
we are coming back to the original intentions.

I would suggest to change the title of the specification as well.

"UBL Security Profile 1.0" would be better as it really introduces a set
of profiles represented by normative URIs (not limited to XAdES)

Also this new name will reflects the Subcommittee name.

Roberto

> Hi Andrea
>
> ok then I agree.  I would be glad to add these two new profiles using
> XMLDsig as well. I think that the recomendation will be stronger.
>

> Regards,
> Oriol
> El 10/05/2010, a las 02:57, Andrea Caccia escribió:
>
>> Hi Oriol,
>> I think there is a point to clarify.
>> The main purpose to identify the profile with the URI is not to point to
>> the signature but to identify the way the document was signed.
>> Especially in case of detached signature it can be useful for:
>> - knowing that the document is signed. This should trigger some part of
>> the software to do some action to get and verify the signature
>> - set the signature verification and document validation processes
>> according to the rules stated in the profile.
>> The second point is especially useful to allow and support explicitly
>> XMLSig in addition to XAdES.
>> I propose, to consider your request to support also XMLDsig, to add 2
>> profiles for XMLDSig (enveloped and detached) in addition to the
>> previous ones, in order to be able to select the right way to verify the
>> signature when receiving a document.
>> What do you think?
>>
>> Andrea
>>

>> Il giorno 06/mag/2010, alle ore 09.28, Oriol Bausą Peris ha scritto:
>>
>>> Hi Andrea,
>>>
>>> Here you have a quick revision of the document.
>>>
>>> Oriol
>>>
>>> <UBL-XAdES-Profile 1.0-20100501.doc>

* JAVEST by Roberto Cisternino
*
* Document Engineering Services Ltd. - Alliance Member
* UBL Italian Localization SubCommittee (ITLSC), co-Chair
* UBL Online Community editorial board member (ubl.xml.org)
* Italian UBL Advisor

  Roberto Cisternino

  mobile: +39 328 2148123 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              +39
328 2148123      end_of_the_skype_highlighting
  skype:  roberto.cisternino.ubl-itlsc

[UBL Technical Committee]
    http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ubl

[UBL Online Community]