ubl-security message

Subject: Re: [spam] Re: [ubl-security] UBL-XAdES-Profile 1.0-RC1

Hello,
the case of the Certificate Of Origin is that UBL TC originally provided
the context of each signature by adding a cac:Signature to a set of BIEs.

Todays the context of a signature is provided as part of the signature
itself and driven by another standard (e.g. XAdES)

So the real issue is should choose now what is best for providing context
to signatures:

1) UBL BIEs
2) Other eSignature related standard

By the business point of view I would see UBL as the preferred place to
hold contextual information.

It's happen that XAdES has a specific support for the signature context
(Andrea and others could confirm this please)

So we must choose or provide a preference or a precedence.

Please note that other alternative, additional standards for e-Signatures
could be not supporting the context.

XAdES is an European standard with a good adoption in Japan and Brazil,
but UBL is an Open Standard and we must be prepared to other possible
signatures.

Hope this helps,

Roberto

begin_of_the_skype_highlighting     end_of_the_skype_highlighting wrote:
> [...]
>> >
>> > <cac:Signature>
>> >
>> <cbc:ID>http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/securitysc/cd-dsigp-1/signature</cbc:ID>
>> >   [...]
>> >
>> <cbc:SignatureMethod>http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/securitysc/cd-dsigp-1/xades-enveloped</cbc:SignatureMethod>
>> >   <cac:SignatoryParty>
>> >     <cac:PartyIdentification>
>> >
>> <cbc:ID>http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/securitysc/cd-dsigp-1/signature-defined</cbc:ID>
>> >     </cac:PartyIdentification>
>> >   </cac:SignatoryParty>
>> >   [...]
>> > </cac:Signature>
>> >
>>it seems to me a good idea. So we can have also
>>http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/securitysc/cd-dsigp-1/ubldsig/N
>>(where N=1, 2, … ) instead of UBLDSIG or
>>UBLDOCDSIG to identify the document signatures?
>>But are we following the UBL common practices here?
>
> Yes, good point.  I missed the fact that we have
> to point to an ordinal signature.
>
> With that in mind, I'm going to now propose a URN
> instead of a URI, and I will follow up this
> discussion in a reply to Roberto's recent post as
> it will address that issue as well.
>
>> > (2) - do you believe the definition on UBL
>> 2.1 Common Library row 225 incorrect?  it
>> states it is a signature applied to the
>> document instance, but its placement implies it
>> is a signature applied only to the certificate
>> > - if you agree it is wrong, then Jon this
>> goes onto the list of definitions to be repaired
>> >
>>I feel you're right. Can you point me to the right document?
>
> It is the spreadsheet for the common library an you can see the latest at:
>
>    http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=38804
>
> ... but there will be another one posted this
> morning by me, so look on that page under
> "Document Revisions" to find the latest.
>
>> > (3) - I note that only 54 documents allow
>> <cac:Signature> as a child of the document
>> element, and Certificate Of Origin has the
>> document-wide signature in a grandchild of the
>> document element ... do we need to add for PRD2
>> a <cac:Signature> child of the document element
>> to the other 5 documents that do not have this today?
>> > - my thought is "yes, every UBL document must
>> have a <cac:Signature> *somewhere* to apply to
>> the entire document scope, and from now on it
>> must be a child of the document element (so
>> that CoO is the one and only UBL document that doesn't have it as a
>> child)"
>> > - the five documents with a missing
>> cac:Signature as a child of the document element are:
>> >  CallForTenders
>> >  CatalogueRequest
>> >  ContractAwardNotice
>> >  ContractNotice
>> >  PriorInformationNotice
>> >
>>At least to authenticate it I think that there
>>could be situations where the signature could be
>>a requirement. The approach of making it
>>optional for every document at document-wide levelis fine with me.
>
> Good ... this has been added to the list of changes after PRD1.
>
> I will continue now in reply to Roberto.....

* JAVEST by Roberto Cisternino
*
* Document Engineering Services Ltd. - Alliance Member
* UBL Italian Localization SubCommittee (ITLSC), co-Chair
* UBL Online Community editorial board member (ubl.xml.org)
* Italian UBL Advisor

  Roberto Cisternino

  mobile: +39 328 2148123 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              +39
328 2148123      end_of_the_skype_highlighting
  skype:  roberto.cisternino.ubl-itlsc

[UBL Technical Committee]
    http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ubl

[UBL Online Community]