ubl-security message

Subject: Fwd: Re: [ubl-security] Re: Sample instances

Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 10:22:35 +0800
From: Tim McGrath <tim.mcgrath@documentengineeringservices.com>
To: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com>
CC: Andrea Caccia <andrea.caccia@studiocaccia.com>,
  Jon Bosak <bosak@pinax.com>
Subject: Re: [ubl-security] Re: Sample instances

(Ken: please forward to ubl-security)

As i tried to explain I have lost track of what we are trying to do
here. I thought the ubl-security SC was trying to create a profile of
the UBL cac:Siganture that could identify a XADES digital signature.
Now we are designing UBL extensions for XADES digital signatures and
trying to relate them to parts of a UBL document?

If we need an extension to store a XADES signature then this
extension does not need to refer to the main document (or parts of
it). I would have thought that the main document (or parts of it)
would refer to the signatures in the extension. In other words the
extension will just contain the required XADES structures. The UBL
cac:Signature allows us to refer to parts of the document (such as
the extension) - isn't that what we should be doing here. Why make
this so complicated? Why design new structures? The direction seems
wrong to me.

Am i missing something? Perhaps we should try to summarize what we
are aiming for before getting into naming issues.
begin:vcard
fn:Tim McGrath
n:McGrath;Tim
org:Document Engineering Services Ltd.