ubl-security message

Subject: Re: [ubl-security] Opportunity to teach about namespaces in extensions

At 2010-08-28 12:35 -0400, I wrote:
>As I'm pulling this together, I thought of my own advice to students
>about creating their own UBL extensions:
>
>   "Mimic the UBL structure by creating an apex namespace, an aggregate
>    namespace, and a basic namespace.  That way you can propose your new
>    constructs to the TC and they'll already be structured the same
>    way as the committee's constructs and they can be slipped in easily."
>
>So, I'm proposing that we structure our first standardized extension
>the same way, so that when people copy what we do, they will have
>followed this advice and have structured their extensions in such a
>way that they are following CCTS 2.01 and the UBL way of doing things.
>
>I'm writing up the explanation for all of this in the revised
>Chapter 5 I'm writing for Jon.

Please find attached the new candidate Chapter 5 that explains all
this.  I put the education bits in notes to distinguish that content
from the specification content.  I concede that education stuff does
not belong in a specification, but it seems an ideal opportunity to
annotate the specification to both justify what we've done and direct users.

Jon, if you want to remove the notes, it won't take away from the
technical aspects of the specification.

I look forward to your feedback.

gkholman-chapsig-20100828-2220z.zzz

--