ubl-security message

Subject: UBL digital signature Windows-based environment available for free download

Fellow UBL Security SC members,

The initial feedback I've received is that my samples of digitally
signed UBL documents I posted earlier are likely insufficient to meet
ETSI requirements.  But, thankfully, not because of the UBL
structures but because of insufficient certificate information
embedded by free "xmlsec" software I utilize.

Nevertheless, I'm hoping this free Windows-based environment for
digitally signing a UBL document will be useful to help people
understand how the UBL committee has specified the embedding of
multiple XML signatures:

   http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/resources/ubl/#digsig

In the documentation I cite where one can obtain a free certificate
that can be used with the environment (thanks Albalia!) if you don't
already have one.

I'm expecting more feedback and if a configuration of "xmlsec" or
some other free software meets the ETSI/XAdES requirements, I will
update this library accordingly.  And I'll update the library
periodically as I think of improvements or they are requested from
users (and I get time to implement them).  Remember we have an RSS
feed reporting the latest update status of all of our free developer resources:

   http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/resources/crane-resources.rss

If anyone has comments or suggestions, they will be most welcome (off list)!

cc: UBL Dev

--
XSLT/XQuery training:   after http://XMLPrague.cz 2011-03-28/04-01
Vote for your XML training:   http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/i/