ubl-security message

Subject: Draft 08 of UBL security profiles, schemas and examples

At 2010-11-28 21:33 +0100, Andrea Caccia wrote:
>Thanks again Ken for your work.
>Please find attached my comments to the profile: it is in open
>document with comments and revision marks enabled, derived form the
>html version.
>Ad there are not a lot of modification, they can be applied to the
>original if agreed.
>As you can see there, I think it's better to keep XAdES normative,
>even if not mandatory, because the implementor chooses if add XAdES
>extended properties to the signature(s) but, if yes, the document
>specify how to do it in a normative way.
>Let me know what you think.

I think these changes are excellent ... thank you for taking the
time.  And it was a good idea to pull the HTML into OpenOffice to do
change tracking.

I hope I've caught everything, including some things I found on my own:

- removed stage number from "latest version" URIs
- rearranged editors in alphabetical order
- reference to XAdES in abstract
- made XAdES a normative reference
- 1 - removed charter details
- 2.3 - removed normative language from informative section (though
quoted from a normative specification, the use of normative language
may leave the impression the language applies to this specification)
- 3.1 added a new reserved URI with ":xades" extension
- 3.1.1 gave equal weight to multiple extension elements or one
extension element with multiple signatures
- 3.1.1 added a new reserved URI with ":xades" extension
- 3.1.1 Notes 2 and 3 - included <ds:SignatureValue> as well as <ds:Signature>
- 3.2 added a new reserved URI with :xades" extension
- various edits in wording and phraseology identified by Andrea and
from a review of the text

- ZIP file has
   - cd08 text in HTML and PDF
   - sample instances (one with a repaired reference)
   - updated schema fragments that include the XAdES support

Jon, before I make changes to the draft text of the UBL 2.1 Annexes,
I would like to have these changes reviewed first by the Security
SC.  I'll then retrofit the corresponding fixes into the
Annexes.  That way I'm only reviewing the Annex one more time and not
over and over again.

The ZIP file for CD08 is here:

   http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=40440

I look forward to the feedback from you, Andrea, and other Security
SC members.  It shouldn't take long to make sure I've not messed up.

--
Contact us for world-wide XML consulting & instructor-led training