ubl-ssc message

Subject: ebRIM and UBL from Farrukh

FYI, paper initially sent by Farrukh.  -A

Subject:
First draft of UBL code list in ebRIM writeup
From:
Farrukh Najmi <farrukh.najmi@sun.com>
Date:
Tue, 13 May 2003 09:52:26 -0400
To:
lseaburg@aeon-llc.com
CC:
"Eve L. Maler" <eve.maler@east.sun.com>

Hi Lisa,

Attached is the first draft of the writeup on using ebRIM
ClassificationSchemes fro UBL code lists. There is much that I am not
clear in the "Code List Rules" version 0.4 document and therefor there may be errors in the mapping. Note that I kept the sample minimal to ease understanding. It is missing several Slots to represent the CCTS attributes many of which I do not fully comprehend yet.

BTW the more I think about this I am becoming convinced that the right approach is for:

1. CCTS to define a seralization format based upon a binding to ebRIM (ebXML Registry Information Model). This work is already in progress in registry TC sub-team on CCTS with CCTS team involvement.

2. UBL TC to consider using out of the box the seralization format that CCTS defines for code lists.

The above 2 steps would ensure that we build a cohesive stack and not have different ways of doing the same things in different parts of teh stack.

Of course this is a loaded suggestion and requires careful deliberation.
Let me know if you would like to meet sometime to discuss this. Thanks.

--
Farrukh

ubl-ebrim-classifications-proposed-text.doc