ubl-ssc message

Subject: Welcome to the reorganized ubl-ssc

Hello ubl-ssc,

Welcome to the reorganized UBL Software Subcommittee!

You've been added to the ubl-ssc list in accordance with this
decision and associated action item from the minutes of the
Pacific UBL TC meeting of 9 January 2007:

   AGREED to publish the Support Package as a Support Page rather
   than a document.

   ACTION: JB to request OASIS to change the Software SC page to
   Support SC, with original membership to consist of the UBL 2.0
   editors and all the subcommittee chairs; the SSC page will then
   be used to make links to support package components, the the
   SSC mail list will be used for requests to form the links.

I'm still in the process of setting up the new ubl-ssc page, so it
will be a few days before we have the pieces in place and get the
name changed.

Note that this ubl-ssc list is not a general discussion list and
will probably be seldom used.  Contrary to what one might think by
looking at the initial membership, the SSC is not a kind of
steering committee; rather, it exists mainly to provide a
persistent web page for approved UBL support materials that we
will be putting in the ubl-ssc document repository.  In other
words, it is an alternative to setting up a reference page outside
the OASIS site.

I will make an announcement once we've populated the page with
some support materials.  Please do not use the list for
discussion; if you have something to say on the subject, send me
mail privately or participate in one of this week's TC conference
calls.

Jon