ubl-tsc message

Subject: RE: [Fwd: US Transportation initiative]

Sure, lets include this as an item in this Wednesday’s meeting agenda.

Rgds

kama

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim McGrath [mailto:tmcgrath@portcomm.com.au]
Sent: Monday, October 03, 2005 3:30 PM
To: Kama, Kamarudin Bin Tambi
Cc: ubl-tsc@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [Fwd: US Transportation initiative]

At the UN/CEFACT forum meeting last week we opened up a discussion about working with the US Dept of Transport's Electronic Freight Manifest project and the CEFACT TBG3 (Transport) group. (see attached ISO draft, which is in Committee Draft status at the moment, and a Powerpoint presentation that gives a broader context for how they see the data standards activity fitting in with the overall program)
.
This is not to distract from delivery of the UBL 2.0 models but I would like to distribute this now to introduce ideas on how we can plan for accommodating this work in the future.

Also, I was asked to provide a status report and information pack about the work of the UBL TSC.  Perhaps Thomas can pull together the latest documents and models so we can give them to TBG3.

--
regards
tim mcgrath

DOCUMENT ENGINEERING: Analyzing and Designing Documents for Business Informatics and Web Services
http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item/default.asp?sid=632C40AB-4E94-4930-A94E-22FF8CA5641F&ttype=2&tid=10476