ubl-tsc message

Subject: UBL and TBG3 collaboration was... Re: Are either of you planningto attend the UBL Symposium in Denmark?

Firstly I agree that we need a specific plan with deliverables and targets. I will talk about this with Kama when we meet in 2 weeks and perhaps we can proposed some activiites for your consideration.  This seems to have worked well with our collaboration with TBG1.

It is unfortunate that we have disconnected meeting schedules as these intial issues are best dealt with more interactively.  It transpires that I may have some time in Paris (maybe December 1,2 and 3). So perhaps we could try and meet up informally there and try to finalize a workplan?  Let me know if this is reasonable and I will make firmer plans.

PS. I should point out that we are not talking about something called "UBL 3.0".  The plan with CEFACT is that there will not be a UBL 3.0 but rather a common integrated suite of CEFACT XML documents.  It may be that these are a profile (or implementation) of the more generic concepts that TBG3 are managing but in any case i personally suspect it will not be called UBL 3.0.  Of course, it will be an upgrade path from UBL 2.0 but it may be more appropriate to call this the "next generation" of XML document schemas for transport.

Henk van Maaren wrote:

Dear Dominique and Tim,

Could the future workplan be more specific on how we could ensure that UBL 3.0 would take all business requirements expressed by TBG3 into account, what activities would be required to do so, taking into account the limited resources available to TBG3?

Best regards,

Henk van Maaren