ubl-tsc message

Subject: Re: [ubl-tsc] Fw: Re: XML Examples

I know that Kama is away this week, so I will respond as best I can.

I have modified a BillOfLading provided by our Italian subcommittee.
Note that there is also a sample Waybill (and other documents) available
at... http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.0/xml/

a) One BillofLading
The business term used for this example is a "Sea Waybill"

b) Multiple Shipments

In UBL 2.0, each shipment requires a separate BillOfLading
document/message but each document may use the same Consignment number.

c) One of more of the shipments to have multiple goods items.

d) One of more of the goods items to be on multiple containers
(transport handling unit – transport equipment)

The example shows a shipment of 2 goods items, the second is split over
2 containers. In other words, the first container is shared by both
items and the second container only has one of the items in it.

Hope this helps. let me know if you have any problems with the example.

jon.bosak@sun.com wrote:
> Hello UBL Transportation Subcommittee,
>
> Could you please help Mr. Brown with this inquiry?
>
> Jon

> Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 04:55:50 +1000
> From: Ram Kumar <ram.kumar@oasis-open.org>
> Subject: Re: XML Examples
> To: Mark Brown <mark_brown@toll.com.au>
> Cc: Conrad Noronha <conrad_noronha@toll.com.au>, jon.bosak@sun.com,
>         tmcgrath@portcomm.com.au
>
> Hi Mark,
>
> I have forwarded this email to Jon Bosak, Chair of UBL TC and you will
> hear from UBL TC directly.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ram
>
> Mark Brown wrote:
>
>> Hi Ram,
>>
>> Toll Holdings and more specifically Toll Solutions are currently in
>> the process of evaluating the Universal Business Language.
>>
>> We are very impressed with the product to date however we have one
>> final stage before we will finalise our decision.
>>
>> It would be of great assistance to obtain an example(s) of data in an
>> xml format for the BillofLading message where:
>>
>> a) One BillofLading
>>
>> b) Multiple Shipments
>>
>> c) One of more of the shipments to have multiple goods items.
>>
>> d) One of more of the goods items to be on multiple containers
>> (transport handling unit – transport equipment)
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> If you have any queries please contact me directly.
>>
>> Kind Regards,
>>
>> **Mark Brown**
>> Senior Business Analyst
>> Toll Solutions (www.toll.com.au)
>> L13, 600 St Kilda Road
>> Melbourne, 3004
>> Phone: +61 (0)3 9946 1800
>> Direct: +61 (0)3 9946 1832
>> Mobile: +61 (0)417 537 931
>> Email: mark_brown@toll.com.au <mailto:mark_brown@toll.com.au>
>>

> ---
> Ram Kumar
> Manager - Technical Committee Development
> OASIS
> Post Office Box 455
> Billerica,MA 0821
> USA
> +61 412 758 025 (Direct)
> + 1 978 667 5115 (OASIS HQ)
> + 1 978 667 5114 (Fax)
> ram.kumar@oasis-open.org
> http://www.oasis-open.org
> "Advancing e-Business Standards Since 1993"

regards
tim mcgrath
phone: +618 93352228
web: http://www.portcomm.com.au/tmcgrath

UBL-BillOfLading-2.0-Example-Draft-3.zip