ubl-tsc message

Subject: RE: [ubl-tsc] Question about consignments and shipments

>..."supplier/buyer, or ?) when relating to "shipment"

Do you mean the shipper (exporter which is usually the seller) ?

Roberto

> Jon,
> I am just now catching up on the email exchanges after recovering from
> power
> outages and oppressive heat (still).
>
>  I am definitely in support of your suggestion about capturing this
> discussion about shipments and consignments in the hub document. I believe
> separate subsection somewhere near the front of the document may be best
> since both procurement and transport use the term "shipment" if not also
> "consignment".
> Tim's charts along with the comments by Roberto seem to have sufficient
> substance to make amplify "shipment" "consignment" and their
> interrelationship. This rests predominantly on "context." In this case the
> contexts are "consignor/consignee" when relating to goods/consignment, and
> "supplier/buyer, or ?) when relating to "shipment".
>  I think the graphics are useful enough to include in the hubdoc as well
> though they need a bit of explanation.
>
> Perhaps we can discuss this at the next TC call?
> Andy

* JAVEST by Roberto Cisternino
*
* Document Engineering Services Ltd. - Alliance Member
* UBL Italian Localization SubCommittee (ITLSC), co-Chair
* UBL Online Community editorial board member (ubl.xml.org)
* Italian UBL Advisor

  Roberto Cisternino

  mobile: +39 328 2148123
  skype:  roberto.cisternino.ubl-itlsc