ubl-tsc message

Subject: Checking BBIEs with repetition

Hello, TSC members,

I'm copying this note from a discussion in PSC that may be relevant to the model work done in TSC.

. . . . . . . . . Ken

To: UBL Procurement Subcommittee <ubl-psc@lists.oasis-open.org>
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com>

With my comments below in mind, I will add a new section of the model checker to flag those BBIE's with "0..n" or "1..n" that are not of type "Text". That will bring to focus those BIEs that might likely need to be refactored into an ASBIE/ABIE/BBIE combination to accommodate future use.

I say "likely" because there should be no non-text BBIEs with "0..n" or "1..n".

I agree it is unfortunate that this has come to light so late in the process, but it is something we shouldn't let fall through the cracks. I will publish the model report when I create the next draft PRD3 and we will see if we have to update the model with refactoring of BBIEs to ASBIE/ABIE/BBIE combinations before we vote on the package and make it public.

I will send this to TSC as well to make them aware.