ubl-ttsc message

Subject: Re: [ubl-ttsc] Minutes of 20 November meeting

Hi Chee-Kai,

Sorry for the delay in response.   See below.

>>>  It would be useful to show a cooperative tools environment - how users
>>>  can put together existing tools and technologies to develop with UBL.
>>>  Something to provide a guideline for developers and gives them some
>>>  idea of what directions we think tools will go.
>>>

>This is an interesting idea - a cooperative tools environment.
>Is there elaboration on this?

We didn't get in to much detail on this in the last call.
However, the idea is that we have multiple tools (and this is bound to
continue to be the case)
which have variouis degrees of overlap.  One value we could provide to
UBL developers is to
help them through the maze of tools by giving them guidelines on useful
tools features as we
have found them in our development, and as others have found them
through use (this latter
type of information would come very likely through the Implementation
SC, so we need
to keep a tight connection with that team).  Taking this further would
produce information
on how the various existing tools can be used together to provide the
needed functionality.
Perhaps a table of features of each tool, which provides what, where
they integrate easilty.

I'm sure others can expand in their own way on what this means to them,
and I see more of this discussion coming out of the review and further
development
of Chris's paper, as part of a tools overview documenation deliverable
perhaps.

Thanks for your elaborations below of UBLish functionality/use.
I'd like to discuss this further over the following week in relationship
to the purpose,
user, and functionality goals outlined in Chris's paper.

Thanks,
Anne