ubl-ttsc message

Subject: AW: [ubl-ttsc] a difference

The UBL 1.0 draft 5 schemas I sent 19th FEB to the UBL list are Edifix
generated, i.e. EF generates schemas from the UBL data model. Stephen uses
UBLish to do so. Thus we can compare the results and have a kind of QA.
One difference ist that the edifix tool first looks whether an element in a
document ,e.g. DespatchAdvice, is already defined in the reusable model. If
yes, then edifix just refers to the already existing element in reusable
(with "ref="cbc:DocumentStatusCode" as you can see below).
The schemas Stephen generates follow another way: they define a new element
with the same name (as already in the reusable model defined). That means,
here we have two global definitions/schema declarations with the same UBL
name.

Behind this stuff we have conceptional issues like:
1.  what is the UBL understanding of reuse?
2.  what is the UBL understanding of Global?

A decision, which solution should be used for UBL, requires a consistency
between models and schemas.

In the document models we have some attributes which belong directly to the
document class/ABIE.
case a) such an attribute with the same UBL name appears both in the
reusable model and in a document model.
case b) such an attribute with the same UBL name appears in two or more
document models, but not in the reusable model.

The reusable model just contains ABIE with their BBIE.
Thus an additional model could be needed to contain the data types. They are
reusable as well. And both in case a)and b) the same data type should be
used, i.e. re-used.

Michael