ubl message

Subject: Planning for UBL TC meeting 2001.10.29-11.02

It's clear that last week's tragic events will have a major impact
on our ability to mobilize people for face-to-face meetings over
the next few months.  These difficulties will not prevent the UBL
initiative from functioning, but they will have to be taken into
account when planning meetings and making arrangements for meeting
space.

The UBL TC meeting scheduled for 29 October through 2 November
2001 is particularly important because the initial voting
membership of an OASIS TC is determined by attendance at its first
meeting.  At this point, I don't have the faintest idea how many
people to expect at this meeting, which I've promised to host
in the San Francisco Bay Area.  I will need everyone's help in
getting me the information I need to set up appropriate
facilities.

If you intend to be at the meeting 29 October through 2 November,
please send me mail (just me, not the list) letting me know that.
Such notification will also serve to register you for the meeting
as required by the OASIS TC process.

Jon Bosak
Chair, UBL Group
Designated Chair, OASIS UBL TC