ubl message

Subject: [ubl] ANNOUNCE: Context Methodology Portal online

All,

I pleased to announce that a first version of the Context Methodology portal
is now online on the UBL website:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ubl/cmsc/. The content is minimal at
present, but I would certain appreciate it if anyone has time to take a look
and make any comments or suggestions. Next steps include:

* Use Cases -- we have made considerable progress in putting together a
preliminary set of use cases on which to base our context methodology. A
first version of the use case list (from Jan 25th) is already on the portal;
this will be extended shortly with comments from the last face-to-face and
the CM conference call last week (see the minutes in the list archive if you
can't wait!). Let me take this opportunity once again to thank the LC SC for
their help with this, and also to stress that we can never have enough use
cases. If you are a business expert, it would be great if you could pop over
to the portal, review the current list and think about whether you know of
any further use cases that would complement the current set.

* Specification -- with the use cases moving forward, we are about ready to
start working on a preliminary spec that we can test iteratively against
them. This will be based on the ebXML technical paper on context and
assembly rules (also referenced from the portal), but I suspect that even
the first draft will have some major deltas. If anyone is interested in
volunteering to help draft the spec, this would naturally be most welcome.

Regards,
Matt