ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] UBL brochure [Fwd: Re: attachment suffixes changed to '.bin']

Hi,

I asked the OASIS list server contact to look into why some of
our attachments end up with .bin extensions.  For the .xml files
and the .sx* (OpenOffice) files, it's because their software is not
configured to recognize those extensions.  He is rectifying this
so we should see these files properly suffixed on the server
in a week or so.

For the others, such as some of the .zip files, he is looking
into the problem (see first para below).

-Anne

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: attachment suffixes changed to '.bin'
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 15:00:35 -0500 (EST)
From: eList eXpress Services <services@elistx.com>
To: Anne Hendry <anne.hendry@Sun.COM>

It is not obvious why it gets some .zip wrong and some right.  My best
guess at the moment is that it's because the filenames in the "wrong"
cases are more than just a single word, i.e., they include space and
hyphens.  A cursory inspection suggests this but it will take some code
research to know for sure.

The .xml and .sxw are because it is not configured to recognize them.
Can you give me a 1-3 word description of .sxw?

I'll arrange to get the extensions added and then we'll rewrite the
archive to fix it.  This will take some time but it will get done.

Thanks for pointing this out!

If you have any other questions or problems please do let us know.

Jim

  eList eXpress LLC               --  An Email and Elist Service Provider
  http://www.elistx.com           --  The Cure For What (M)ails You!