ubl message

Subject: RE: [ubl] Global vs. Local -- Gunther's Recommendation

Hi Eve,

Of course you are not a pain, but I guess we all know the feeling of pushing
send to an e-mail knowing that seconds after it will hit you like a
boomerang shaped in the size of a B2 bomber!

On the questions we have not experience enough to actually give the answers
you are looking for!

What I realized is that we have designed from the point of view that if we
do not want to reuse an element why make it global. This feature is allowed
in Venetian Blind, as you for sure already know! Also the possibility to
localize namespaces has been a wish while although not crucial. A third thin
is that I have a feeling about context playing a role, but that is still far
from clear enough for me to start comment on this.

It does not imply though that the current UBL approach would mean the end of
the world for us. We could fairly simple go from our current approach to the
current preferred of NDR/UBL, but since the decision is still up for grabs,
we just gave our opinion, to wich we stand.

Anyway I guess this is perhaps what it is and that is a question of
religion! It is though still much easier to make elements global in Venetian
Blind than it is to localize in Garden of Eden.

Best Regards
Stig Korsgaard
M.Sc.E., Standardisation Coordinator
Danish Bankers Association