ubl message

Subject: Montreal Plenary: alternatives to staying at the Hilton

I am not sure this made it to the list - so I am resending.  Sorry if you end up with two copies....

For those interested I have found a few cheaper/personalised
alternatives to the Hilton.

The following are in the Small Hotel or B&B market, I have never been to Montreal and so cannot recommend
any but i thought i would share my research.  I am also happy to get feedback from anyone who can add to this.

There are few that appear to be within short walk of the Hilton.
http://www.bbselect.com/countryinns/canada/quebec/montreal/0009.htm
and/or http://www.bonsmatins.com/english/default.htm - these look like
the same place
http://www.bbselect.com/countryinns/canada/quebec/montreal/0023.htm

These two are small hotels in the old part of town (again, within
walking distance).
http://www.bbselect.com/countryinns/canada/quebec/montreal/0037.htm
and/or http://www.bonaparte.com/en/index.html (rates highly with
tripadvisor.com) - these look like the same hotel.
http://www.bbselect.com/countryinns/canada/quebec/montreal/0031.htm

For those who don't mind 2 stops on the  subway, in what seems to be a
more interesting/restaurants/nightlife part of town...
http://www.bbselect.com/countryinns/canada/quebec/montreal/0028.htm
http://www.montreal-bb.com/index.htm

Anyone who may wants to really save then we might get a group booking
(maybe between 3 and 5)  for..
http://www.bellesvues.com/en/index.html
or
http://www.bestlodging.com/sites1/19053/index.shtml
(if you are interested in this let me know)

Finally, I have an email request in to...
http://www.bbmontreal.qc.ca/index.html - who offer a brokering service
for B&Bs, so they may come up with something.

If you want more, check out ..
http://www.bbselect.com/countryinns/canada/quebec/montreal/lodging.htm or
http://www.montreallodging.worldweb.com/BedBreakfasts/index.html?vid=19626352

--