ubl message

Subject: Re: Venue for UBL meeting 3-7 November 2003

Hello UBL members,

Of the people expressing a preference for our next UBL meeting, a
decided majority chose San Francisco over Menlo Park.

In fact, the only people expressing a preference for Menlo Park
were locals who didn't want to face the admittedly formidable
problem of parking in San Francisco.  I hope that these folks will
look upon this meeting as an opportunity to try out the new rail
link to San Francisco from Atherton, Mountain View, Sunnyvale,
Santa Clara, San Jose, and other Silicon Valley towns.  Since I'm
going to be coming into the city from some distance as well, I
will try to plan the morning schedule in a way that's kind to us
locals.

I've gone ahead and reserved the main meeting room and two
breakouts for the week.  We should have a much easier time with
conference phones in this industrial environment than we did
operating out of the hotel in Montreal, so I intend to keep the
connections going for the whole week and am hopeful that UBL
members unable to attend in person will join us by phone.

Directions and a detailed agenda will be provided a few weeks in
advance of the meeting.  You are going to be on your own for the
hotel; there are quite a few to choose from.  In making hotel
arrangements, I advise that you inquire regarding access to BART
(the local subway system); the meeting venue is a short walk from
the Montgomery BART station.

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC