ubl message

Subject: ACTION: VOTE: UBL 1.0 Beta Committee Draft

UBL voting members,

   I am pleased to submit the UBL 1.0 Beta package for your
   approval as an OASIS Committee Draft.

   Balloting opens at 10 a.m. California time Wednesday 19
   November 2003 and closes at 10 a.m. Monday 24 November 2003.
   Since quick approval would be advantageous to our release
   schedule, however, I urge you to log in now to the UBL TC site
   and click on "Ballots" to record your vote.  DO NOT use the UBL
   mailing list for voting; use the web site.

BALLOT TEXT

   The question to be voted on reads as follows:

      Resolved,

      1. That the OASIS UBL TC approves the UBL 1.0 Beta draft
         currently located at
         http://ubl.cim3.org/~lcsc/lcsc-distribution-v1-0-beta/ as
         an OASIS Committee Draft and authorizes posting of the
         draft on the OASIS web site for implementation testing.

      2. That the draft editors are authorized to continue the
         correction of editorial errors in the draft package
         during the voting period.

BACKGROUND

   This draft is the result of two years of work in the OASIS
   Universal Business Language Technical Committee to create the
   basis for a standard XML business syntax.  Your vote to approve
   the draft authorizes OASIS to put it before the public in order
   to begin implementation testing.  If the draft is approved,
   testing will begin the week of 24 November 2003 and will end at
   a date in February that allows the collation of review input in
   time for the UBL TC meeting scheduled for 23-27 February 2004
   in Washington, D.C.  A UBL subcommittee, the Pilot
   Implementation SC, has been created to coordinate
   implementation activity during this period.

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

   Q: Does a vote to approve the draft mean that we cannot change
      it later?