ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] CLSC: Draft paper on code list data models: draft-coates-codeListDataModels-0p1

excellent input tony, thanks.

we must avoid building the NDRs for code lists before we have the
semantics right.  Currently we have the Code List Catalog - but tony
suggests a bigger picture is needed for this, and i agree.  we should be
following the LC idea of a syntax independent conceptual data model and
then a set of rules for XML expression in UBL schemas.  The CLSC are
tasksed with the syntax issues of the latter whereas LCSC should be
investing time in the former.  As i said on the LC call, the semantics
of codes should remain an LC task - this is the home of the domain
experts who know what these semantics are (at least in theory  ;-) ).

Tony, do you see the code list catalog as the basis for this model or
would you propose something else?