ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] A Codelist Issue

Ah, my/our thought in discussing this today was that if we released what
we have now w/o the substitution group it would allow us to add this
later and not break backward compatibility, whereas if we added it now
without a more thorough discussion then we would be painting ourselves
into a corner if we found another preferrable method after a couple of
months more investigation and discussion.  Are you saying that if we
don't use this mechanism now we preclude using it in the future?

Regarding having to change the schemas, that's not the issue - it would
be the models that would have to be changed as at the moment they only
allow for the 'standard' or 'placebo' concepts.  It could be done, but
would be more work - and at that point we would probably want to revisit
which ones we have as 'standard' and which ones we might want to revert
back to 'stock', and which ones to put in the sdt and which to leave in
the cldt (this last part we may want to do anyway, but I don't think the
model work is anticipated).

-A