ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] UBL schema tests draft-8.2 - Core Component Parameters

I have an item for discussion at the co-ordination meeting....Core Component Parameters

Someone has to take ownership of the schema called UBL-CoreComponentParameters-1.0-draft-8.2.xsd.  It appears to be out of date and define more than we use.  i think it supposed to define the metadata for each BBIE or CCT/DT.  so it would be better if it took these names from the models themselves to make sure we stayed in synch.  For example what we call 'BIE Type' in the models appears as 'Category Code' in the schema  ('category' is a term the CCTS uses a lot for context - so it may confuse someone to see it here).  What we call 'BIE Dictionary Entry Name' is 'DictionaryEntryName'

Also, we are currently not consistent in presenting these, for example the schema "UBL-CoreComponentTypes-1.0-draft-8.2.xsd" has...
            <ccts:Component>
                    <ccts:CategoryCode>CCT</ccts:CategoryCode>
                    <ccts:DictionaryEntryName>Amount. Type</ccts:DictionaryEntryName>
                    <ccts:Definition>A number of monetary units specified in a currency where the unit of the currency is explicit or implied.</ccts:Definition>
                    <ccts:ObjectClass>Amount</ccts:ObjectClass>
                    <ccts:PropertyTerm>Type</ccts:PropertyTerm>
                </ccts:Component>
((uses ObjectClass and PropertyTerm))

 - and the schema "UBL-UnspecializedDatatypes-1.0-draft-8.2.xsd" has...
       <ccts:Component>
          <ccts:CategoryCode>DT</ccts:CategoryCode>
          <ccts:DictionaryEntryName>Amount. Type</ccts:DictionaryEntryName>
          <ccts:Definition>A number of monetary units specified in a currency where the unit of the currency is explicit or implied.</ccts:Definition>
          <ccts:RepresentationTerm>Amount</ccts:RepresentationTerm>
        </ccts:Component>
((uses RepresentationTerm))

- and these have similar follow through in the other schemas.

I propose we say that the model column headings are the definitive terms used and that this trickle down into the NDR rule that defines these as well.  if we keep 3 separate defintions we will always be encountering this kind of mis-alignment.  i suggest this is worth the effort, even if this means issuing draft 9 of the models to revise the column headings.  Based on the current scenario, my candidate list is...

DictionaryEntryName
ObjectClassQualifier
ObjectClass
PropertyTermQualifier
PropertyTermPossessiveNoun
PropertyTermPrimaryNoun
RepresentationTerm
AssociatedObjectClassQualifier
AssociatedObjectClass
AlternativeBusinessTerms
Occurrence
ComponentType
Definition
Examples

Furthermore, we should specify every legitimate value for this metadata - an element should appear if it has a value in the model (and not if it doesn't).

David Kruppke wrote:
Hello all,

this is version draft-8.2.

It improves version 8.1 through containing the codes Anne sent to the ubl
list, but there are not any annotation-documentation for the code values.

I need a decision how the documentation for codes should look like.

Thanks in advance

David