ubl message

Subject: ACTION: TC quorum call

Hello voting members of the UBL Technical Committee,

Coming to closure on issues remaining to be resolved for the
UBL 1.0 release means that we will have to conduct some formal
business before our next face-to-face meeting, which will take
place in Hong Kong 10-14 May.

If you are currently a voting member of the UBL TC itself (not the
subcommittees, that's a different matter), and you cannot commit
to attending the TC meeting in Hong Kong and the plenary phone
conferences leading up to it, I will need to change your status to
"observer" (if you are not an active member of one or more
subcommittees) or "nonvoting member" (if you are active in one or
more subcommittees) so that we don't run into problems achieving a
quorum in the TC.

Please note that a change to "observer" or "nonvoting member"
removes you from the set of people authorized to vote on formal
questions put to the TC as a whole but does *NOT* remove you from
any UBL mail lists or prevent you from participating in any of the
meetings or phone calls; it just ensures that your absence from
the TC meetings doesn't prevent us from reaching a quorum so that
we can conduct business.  And it has no effect at all on your
voting status in subcommittees, which is where most of the real
work takes place.

If you have missed the last two face-to-face TC meetings, please
consider yourself officially notified by this message that failure
to attend the next plenary meeting (which will take place by phone
30 March) will subject you to removal from the UBL TC per OASIS
attendance rules.  "Removal" in this case DOES mean that you will
be dropped from the mailing lists and any subcommittees in which
you have been participating.  So if you are not sure whether you
will be able to attend the meeting 30 March and the ones that
follow, you should probably drop back to "observer" or "nonvoting
member" status now before this becomes a problem.

If you wish to change your status, please contact me by mail off
the list.  I will be out of the office from Saturday morning
through Tuesday afternoon, so any mail received on this subject
will be processed beginning Wednesday 24 March.

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC