ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Comparing Codelist Schema Modules

I think I should elaborate a little for others on the list.

The change proposed has never been done in UBL before. The 'draft 7.1' is
not
the official UBL draft but that produced by Marty in his set of Schemas to
illustrate the CLSC design.

What is proposed is a mechanism to allow *either* elements or
attributes to be codes which are validated with the codelist schema.
I'm not too confident, myself, that this mechanism is completely
'uncontroversial' in that it at least
warrants careful review by the TC before implementing just to see
if what it does is a) what is expected and b) fits properly with the
business model requirements (e.g. for
Supplementary Components such as Quantity in the UDT Schema Module, say).

I f we can't statisfy ourselves (in the available time) about this one I
personally see
no problem with it going forward to 1.1 since it does not seem to affect
backwards
compatibility and as we do not validate UDT codes at present (e.g. we have
no UOM
codelist schema).

All the best

Steve