ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] A Prototype Schema for UBL Models

Title: Message
Bill

That's pretty much what I did. I just used UBLish to get the naming rules
included then decided that this wasn't so appropriate and realised we
have almost all the 'tag' names already worked out in the CCP Schema
which I obtained by importing the CCP Schema into my UBLish-generated
skeleton Schema. So all we have new is the structure based on a simple
model of ABIE----ASBIE(0..n)----ABIE(1..1)---
                 |____BBIE(0..n)         |___

The major part of the Schema is taken by the imported CCP Schema which
was hand-crafted in the first place (but closely maps to our spreadsheet
column names).

Any changes to 'columns' e.g. for customization requirements could be
made in the CCP Schema (by customization derivation) and then the
new Schema imported into a new version of this model schema to
avoid duplication. To further avoid duplication, the spreadsheets could
be generated from the model schema too (generating the CCP from the
spreadsheets would be possible, I guess, but we have better controlled
names in the CCP it seems to me at the moment so preserving these
seems best to me).

I agree though that just mapping the spreadsheet to XML using the
Excel output generator is simple. We discussed in ISC that that was
a proprietary solution depending solely on a proprietary format/wizard.
This way we have a more standards (CCTS) related/derived format
based on the actual UBL deliverable of the CoreComponentsParameters
Schema Module, based on CCTS, with potential for simple upgrade and lack of
duplication. I think this makes a better foundation for what could be a lot
of standards work (if used for customization/context methodology).

Customization could be implemented by adding extra BIE's for changes
to cardinality, renaming, etc and using the resulting instances with the
eventual context applying mechanism or just simply to generate new
Schemas with a relevant tool (which could be an XSLT stylesheet or a tool
based on an XSLT stylesheet, or one using a script, or ...etc). i.e. it is
simplified and fairly well standardized. I know people might hate me adding this
but...  the transformation(s) from Model/CCP-based instance to
XSD could even be somewhat standardized! Perhaps including a context
mechanism.

All the best

Steve