ubl message

Subject: Minutes UBL TC Atlantic Call June 9 2004

Dear all
please find attached the minutes of today's Atlantic call.

The Atlantic call will be held every week at a time corresponding to 8
a.m. Wednesday in San
Francisco and 4 p.m. Wednesday in London, is scheduled for the
convenience of members in the eastern U.S. and Europe.

     STANDING INFORMATION FOR UBL CONFERENCE CALLS
     U.S. domestic toll-free number: (866)839-8145
     Int. access/caller paid number: (865)524-6352
     Access code: 5705229
----------------------
1. Roll call and welcome by the moderator Mavis Cournane

Mavis Cournane
Stephen Green
Mike Grimley
Anne Hendry
Fabio Arcieniegas
Paul Thorpe
Jon Bosak
Sylvia Webb
Ken Holman
Bill Meadows
Eduardo Gutentag
Oriol Ausa
Mark Crawford
Alan Sitzer
Ray Seddigh
Lisa Seaburg
Jessica Glace

STANDING ITEMS

{Continuing:3} Calendar review - done (nothing new)
{Continuing:4} Event reports - done (nothing new)
{Continuing:7} Liaison reports - done (nothing new)

SUBCOMMITTEES

{Continuing:16} JB: Arrange for freeze of retired SCs -
The SC sites will be made read only. All the records and mail archives
will stay where they are. Everyone will be removed from the roster of
the de-activated SC list, and the mail
archive will be read only.

Action Item: Jon to go through each webpage for the de-activated SCs,
and put a comment to that effect, explaining what has happened. Do not
post anything to the mothballed SC lists.

Jon has markers for the SSC and HISC and will note that they are now
active.
HISC has 3members, Ken, Stephen, Fabio. There are other observer
members. Thurs 15:00 UTC for 1hr.
SSC 16:00 UTC on Thurs and Midnight UTC, these times are a first
attempt.

Jon: OUr rules for SCs are not as fussy as those for a tech committee,
we don't have the same procedural tightness.

{Continuing:17} SSC
{Continuing:18} HISC

PRIORITY ITEMS FOR THIS MEETING

{Meetings:3} Hotels in Copenhagen

Some of the hotels in the original list are sold out, and the rates are
rising. make arrangements now. The hotels recommended were done so on
grounds of proximity to the meeting.
Public Transit is easy and efficient in Copenhagen.
There are a number of B&Bs with a beltway like railsystem.

{Meetings:4} November meeting dates
The conflict has been removed so we can now go ahead with the November
meeting date.

{Continuing:19} NDR editorial
Stephen has provided examples. Mon June 28th this will go out for
review and Mark will advise of any delays.

{Continuing:29} UBL FAQ

Jon: We would collate questions and ansers that appear in UBl and UBL
Dev. Is Anne owning that and monitoring the exchange between Saito San
and Tim McGrath this week.
We should be looking at both UBL and UBL Dev lists for the FAQ. I point
to that example as it was as difficult and obscure a thing as could be
found for the non-business people. That is still information we want in
an FAQ. If Saito-San is confused then we have to assume this for other
users too.
AH: We are going for 80:20 where we review what questions go in there.\
JB: This FAQ will not be instantly put out. Why don't we plan to have
you log anything that could be in an FAQ and at a later date when we
turn our mind to user documentation, we turn to this as a group.
AH: We have to draw the line somewhere, and we are not sure where to do
it.
JB: If something is as tangled to a list maintainer, why don't we
assign a short label to that discussion and log the urls to those
points in the archive.
RS: We need some criteria for discerning non FAQs from FAQs, and one is
the stages that people go through when adopting UBL. One type of
questions  are those on basic setup, and the the other ones are those
of interpretation.
JB: Anne, you should build an Implementation FAQ and an Interpretation
FAQ i.e. to be processed later bucket.
AH: The questions that come in will be varied. We should gather all the
questions and pull out the basic ones that people need straight away,
and other questions will go into a released later bucket.
JB: For the moment we can start off with 2 big buckets, one more
immediate Implementation bucket, and a TO-Be-Processed-Later bucket.
RS: look at www.faqs.org

{UBL10:3} Public comment log

BM: I am collecting that. In the past we sent a formal letter
acknowledging comments and giving a date when they would be addressed
by and when we needed them by. What kind
of response should I give in the form letter.
JB: Thank them for their input, the comment period for the CD ends on
June 12. If we make changes for purposes of not throwing the
translation effort off track, we only make changes
to those things that are broken. Every other comment moves off to 1.1.
We will have to re-ballot and have a new CD. Do we need to send this
out to another public comment period.
For our purposes no. OASIS sees this as a bug in the process. But right
now we are not obliged to.
EG: I would oppose that position. If the changes are substantive they
should be reviewed.
JB: They are only bugs.
EG: Somebody that voted no because of these bugs should be given the
opportunity to vote again.
One should vote on what one has reviewed and not what has changed in
the meantime.
I recommend that the review period will be much shorter as all that
will be reviewed at that time is what the changes are.
JB: We should see what actually changes, and decide then.
JB: What is our definition of substantive? Until we have the complete
list and have gone through that I don't know what we are doing.
EG: Substantive is being defined if I have software developed on the
pre-change spec, would I have to change my software.
JB: We need to set up a persistent location for the comment log. Are
they already in KAVI in a persistent location.
AH: It is archived as the comment list.
JB: How do we get from the comments into the bug list. What is our
process for sorting. By definition do they all belong in the bug list?
AH: It is a manual thing.
JB: Comments fall in to 3 categories, things to be repaired in 1.0,
addressed in 1.1, these are things for the FAQ. I suggest most of those
outputs go to Anne.
AH: It would be helpful to me to assign someone to look at the backlog
for the 3 lists and give me the bugs from that. We need to build the
1.0 issues list before the 1.1 issues list.
Action Items: BM will look at the comment list, SW will look at Dev, AH
will do UBL, and will see what goes into the Issues list, and what goes
in to FAQ.
The TC will sort out what issues are 1.0 and 1.1.

{UBL10:4} AH: Form bug list, post pointer to ubl-dev
AH mailed out the first issues list. Posting of the pointer to ubl-dev
will be discussed at the next meeting.

{UBL10:5} MD, SG, MC: Schema/spreadsheet alignment
SG: I got what I needed and I have done the alignment and done the
diffing. I have sent that out to the list.
I have sent a summary of the differences I found. There were only 7-8
differences.
Anne now has what she needs to enter these as specific issues.
SG: There are some other general errors picked up by Michael Dill, and
these are debatable as to whether they need editing. I have not
documented these. I am sure they are mainly
due to the different models.
JB: Someone needs to go through them.
SG: Michael Dill's were definitely issues but not bugs. For example,
things are not in logical alphabetical order, that is not a bug but a
feature.

Action item: Anne will take Michael's comments and put them on the list.
AH: When will the TC review these issues?
We may want to do a bit at a time and start next week.

Action item: TC will review some of the issues on next week's call

{UBL10:6} Other essential fixes
see above

{UBL10:7} UBL 1.1 adds
Need for other types of Party (Spanish Localization SC)
see below

{UBL11:6} Party types

The chair of the Spanish Localization SC has raised the point in able
to map to EDI types he needs other kinds of party besides Buyer and
Seller Party.
JB: My suggestion is that you Oriel create a message to the UBL list,
or create a position paper. I consider this to be a 1.1 issue. It is
too big for a bug fix.
It will be a few weeks before we get to discuss this in the meeting.
However, we can do some discussion on mail once Oriel has layed out the
problem.

Action Item: Oriel to mail the list and explain the problem, and
outline any alternative ways to approaching it.

{UBL11:9} CCTS schemas: Walldorf ATG2 meeting
JB: The outcome of the ATG meeting may have an impact on UBL and we
need to understand the possible consequences of the upcoming ATG
meeting with regard to CCTS schemas.
Action item: TMG will write a paper for our ATG liaisons explaining why
we did what we did.
ITEM ADDITIONS

Addition of new items to the issues list -  Now renamed to the Work
list.

AH: What about the issues from the Coordination call, these are listed
in the agenda for the HK plenary.
Action item: JB to have a pass at this again.

OTHER BUSINESS
None