ubl message

Subject: JPLSC activities

Activities in last week were very exciting for us.
We held two events last week.
I am very thankful to the speakers, participants  and all people that
supported and gave for our event.

1:Translation activity
   The schedule which will finish the first translation activity by the end
this week
   After translation, we will begin to review and re-define it by the end of
July.

2:Two events
June 14
-UBL workshop
-JPLSC members & RosettaNet Japan
-RNJ:understanding UBL position in EC process
     Does UBL serve as solution of the problem which RN&RNJ has?
     What cooperation activities are performed with RN?
-JPLSC:
  discussion about translation issues
  understanding & defining as Japanese business terms

June 15-16
China-Japan International Joint Forum
        & OASIS Standards Days Tokyo2004

-Participants: 390  (total)
-Speaker:UBL (Mr. Tim McGrath)
         Japanese government
         OASIS
         China National Institute for standardization
         China Administration for Standardization
         European Committe for Standardization (CEN)
         Termnet
         Korea ECIF
         HongKong CECID (Mr,Thomas Lee)
         Singapore IDA (OASIS FWSI-TC)
-Panel Discussion
        How to accelerate our eBusiness in Asia?
        How should standardization activities be tackled?
        Interoperability in semantic level is most important
        e.t.c

Thanks,

Noboru Itoh
JPLSC chair.