ubl message

Subject: UBL TC Atlantic Call Minutes June 23 2004

Present:

   Jon Bosak
   Mavis Cournane
   Michael Dill
   Stephen Green
   Michael Grimley
   Eduardo Gutentag
   Anne Hendry
   G. Ken Holman
   Sue Probert
   Marion Royal
   Ray Seddigh
   Alan Stitzer
   Sylvia Webb

Regrets:

   Tony Coates

STANDING ITEMS

{Standing_Agenda:6}  Calendar review

   27 July eGov meeting, Washington: Sylvia Webb

   28 July XML Summer School, Oxford: Stephen Green

{Standing_Agenda:7}  Event reports

   None from this group

{Standing_Agenda:19} MD: Get October WCO meeting data for
                     the calendar

   WCO 20-22 September, Brussels: Sue Probert, Michael Dill

   WCO 25-29 October, Brussels: Sue Probert, Michael Dill

{Standing_Agenda:20} HISC: discuss UN eDocs 20040617
                     Appoint a liaison to UN eDocs?

   We need to explore the relationship between UBL, UN eDocs, and
   WCO.  This is a TC issue, not an HISC issue; remove from HISC
   agenda.

{Standing_Agenda:21} Ontolog: Appoint Peter Yim liaison?

   JB: Check with Peter.

{Standing_Agenda:22} EIDX: Confirm participation

   The Semantic Harmonization session scheduled for the August
   EIDX meeting in Orlando has been moved to the December EIDX
   meeting in Menlo Park.

SUBCOMMITTEES AND WORK TEAMS

{Teamwork:3} JB: Arrange for freeze of retired SCs

   These SCs have been mothballed and can be reactivated at any
   time.  Members are to inform JB if the language now on the
   revised SC pages needs updates or changes.

{Teamwork:4} HISC

   No meeting last week.  HISC has submitted bug list entry for
   missing country subentity code.

   AH: add to issues list.

{Teamwork:5} SSC

   Atlantic call: SSC is thinking about proactively contacting
   implementors.

   Pacific call: Hitachi reports implementing all the UBL doc
   types using JAXB and WS* technologies instead of ebXML; see

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-ssc/200406/msg00010.html

{Teamwork:7} Marketing

   Work item on this row accepted by RS, SW, SG using APEC paper
   as starting point.

   SP: Look for a similar study done by the UK a few years ago.

PRIORITY ITEMS FOR THIS MEETING

{Schema_Gen:9} Binding schema generation to EDIFIX

   MD, SW: Create a position paper for discussion by the TC; aim
   to have paper out by the beginning of August for discussion in
   Copenhagen.

   SW: Delivery date to JB by Friday 20040625.

{UBL10:3}  Public comment log

   Bill Meadows not on call today.

   We agree to log Gunther's input even though it came in after
   the June 12 deadline, but we are considering the public comment
   period now closed.

{UBL10:4}  Issues list

   AH: Log Gunther's comments.

{UBL10:5}  Schema/spreadsheet alignment

   MC has performed the comparison, and SP/MD have categorized the
   items by adding an additional column; see

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200406/msg00093.html

   We want to deal with as much of this as possible in the
   Atlantic TC call 20040630; we therefore appoint an ad hoc work
   team to propose solutions in advance of the call as follows:

      SP/MD/AH: Generate proposed solutions for the four main
      categories (and, if possible, the seven harder cases) via
      email copied to SG and TM.

      SG/(TM): Review proposed solutions Monday and have
      recommendations to the TC for the obvious cases done by late
      Monday night London time if possible.

   We note that there is a TC 154 meeting next week that will
   prevent participation by SP and MD, so their input will have to
   be represented by the email discusson.

   We also note that the comparison performed by MC/SP/MD
   addresses only that part of schema/spreadsheet alignment
   relating to document and reusable entities.  A set of issues
   relating to data types (originally raised by Chin Chee-Kai)
   will still need to be dealt with.  So our plan of attack for
   the 1.0 issues is:

      Schema/spreadsheet alignment
         Document and reusable entities
         Data types
      Other issues/comments

{UBL10:9}  Input from Swedish Association of Local Authorities

   Added to issues list.

{UBL10:11} JB: Send notice to TC

   Remains to be done.

{UBL 11:9} MD: Tell us whether there are backwards compatibility
           issues inherent in items 2-5 of TM's list by
           20040618

   Done.

ITEM ADDITIONS

Addition of new items to the work list.

   None this meeting.

OTHER BUSINESS

GKH: Participation will be limited due to increased business over the next few months, but Fabio will step in as co-chair.

The Sun Micro participants will be on (forced) vacation the week
of 5-9 July and therefore won't be available for the TC meeting 7
July, but so it goes; we will meet that day anyway.  JB is still
on the hook to prepare the agenda.

We note that MC is on vacation next week, so JB will chair.