ubl message

Subject: AW: [ubl] Review of Two Diffs (Michael/Sue's and Stephen's)

1. >Until and unless we begin to base our Bies on CCs we will have a
disconnected inconsistant library that manifests itself in the form of
inconsistent schema.
I fully agree
2. It's hard to imagine to maintain the consistency within 1000+
BIEs,ecpecially with the three subparts of CCTS property terms and their
different use
Michael

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: MCRAWFORD@lmi.org [mailto:MCRAWFORD@lmi.org]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 29. Juni 2004 12:01
An: anne.hendry@sun.com; stephen_green@seventhproject.co.uk;
ubl@lists.oasis-open.org

One of the fundamental problems with the library is the Lack of consistently
applied object qualifiers. This makes any harmonization extremely difficult
if not impossible, and leads to a questionable conformance to ccts. The use
of property terms and qualifiers is equally problematic in the way we have
done it. Until and unless we begin to base our Bies on CCs we will have a
disconnected inconsistant library that manifests itself in the form of
inconsistent schema.
Mark Crawford
Research Fellow - LMI XML Lead
W3C Advisory Committee, OASIS, RosettaNet Representative
Vice Chair - OASIS UBL TC & Chair Naming and Design Rules Subcommittee
Chair - UN/CEFACT XML Syntax Working Group
Editor - UN/CEFACT Core Components
______
Logistics Management Institute
2000 Corporate Ridge, McLean, VA 22102-7805
(703) 917-7177   Fax (703) 917-7481
Wireless (703) 655-4810
mcrawford@lmi.org
http://www.lmi.org <http://www.lmi.org>