ubl message

Subject: Issues triage

I have taken the issues spreadsheet updated by Anne Hendry
following the 1 July Pacific TC call and attempted to categorize
the issues in a way that prioritizes the items and begins to
indicate which ones need to be addressed in 1.0.  The revised
spreadsheet can be found attached to this message.  The attachment
is a zip file, but it has been given a ".zzz" suffix to get it
past virus filters that reject zip attachments; it will probably
have to be renamed before you can unzip it.

The categories, which can be found in the leftmost column of the
spreadsheet, are as follows:

   (0) ???
       Don't understand this entry
   (1) 1.0 issue
       Apparently needs fix for 1.0; solution required
   (2) Possible 1.0 Issue
       Possibly needs fix for 1.0; discussion required
   (3) Editorial
       Editorial fix for 1.0
       A question or item for the UBL FAQ
   (5) Comment
       Comment with no action implied
   (6) 1.1 Work Item
       1.1 issue; discuss after 1.0
   (9) Duplicate
       Duplicates another entry

The numbers in parentheses are provided so that sorting the
spreadsheet on the Category column puts the items in priority
order (more or less).

Please note that this is just a first cut.  We assumed during this
week's TC calls that people would review the assignment of
categories and push back if they disagreed.  Since we cannot work
on the issues list during the call 7 July, review of the issues
list (including both the categorization and the fixes suggested so
far) is a priority work item for all TC members.  Failure to
register disagreement with the categorizations or the suggested
fixes will be taken as preliminary agreement when we resume
discussion of the issues list in the Atlantic TC call 14 July and
the Pacific TC call 15 July.

PLEASE ASSIGN A MEANINGFUL SUBJECT LINE TO ANY MESSAGE CONVEYING
INPUT ABOUT THE REVISED ISSUES LIST.  The most helpful and
sensible procedure will be to cite the Comment ID number(s) of the
items under discussion in the subject line of your message.  The
Comment IDs are the numbers in the second column from the left in
the spreadsheet.

Jon

20040702.zzz